Sinfest RSS feed
Sinfest is a long-running webcomic that, for whatever reason, does not have its own syndication feed (at least not one that's current & maintained). So I made an RSS feed for it.
Everyone is welcome to use this. If you have the option, consider setting your feed reader to request it no more than once or twice a day, to conserve bandwidth. (The comic, and therefore the feed, are only updated once a day anyway.)
Sinfest is © Tatsuya Ishida. I am not affiliated with Ishida in any way, and have never even spoken with him. The comic often expresses political views; I neither state, nor intend to imply, any opinion about those views.
- In May 2021, Sinfest's domain name changed from www.sinfest.net to sinfest.xyz. The feed was down for about a week until I noticed.
- The feed was broken between June 2019 and November 2020. I apologize for the lengthy outage.
Sinsyn (that's what I'm calling it) was designed to minimize its impact on Sinfest's bandwidth and advertising revenue.
- It doesn't include the comic images in the feed, it just links to the comics.
- It checks for previously unfound strips only once a day.
- It sends HEAD requests, not GET requests. (This means it doesn't have the page's HTML and can't try to determine the comics' titles, but may also make it more resistant to site redesigns.)
- It lists the 20 most recent strips, but once it's found a strip once, it doesn't check for it again.
Sinsyn relies on the fact that Sinfest strips have unique, predictable URLs, in the format
https://sinfest.xyz/view.php?date=yyyy-mm-dd, and that the Sinfest server responds to
requests for those URLs in a sensible fashion. The script should be easy to adapt for any other webcomic that
has similar qualities. You are welcome to reuse, redistribute, and/or edit the script under the terms of the
The script is written in Perl. You may need to install some additional modules from CPAN. Then you'll probably want to set the script to run once a day via cron or some other task scheduler. It will create/update a file named sinfest.rss, which is the feed.
This is not the only unofficial Sinfest RSS feed out there. If you don't like mine, try one of these: